By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sports DailySports Daily
Notification Show More
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Reading: Nick Kyrgios: Feeling pressure ahead of ‘Battle of the Sexes’
Share
Sports DailySports Daily
Search
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Follow US
Sports Daily > Tennis > Nick Kyrgios: Feeling pressure ahead of ‘Battle of the Sexes’
Nick Kyrgios: Feeling pressure ahead of 'Battle of the Sexes'
Tennis

Nick Kyrgios: Feeling pressure ahead of ‘Battle of the Sexes’

November 7, 2025 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

SYDNEY — Confident of defeating Aryna Sabalenka in next month’s so-called “Battle of the Sexes”, Nick Kyrgios admits he is feeling some pressure.

World No. 1 Sabalenka and 2022 Wimbledon finalist Kyrgios announced the date and venue of the tennis exhibition (December 28 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates) earlier this week.

“I was in Hong Kong recently and a lot of the boys were like, ‘Look, you represent all of us.’ So here I am on the front lines again,” Kyrgios told the Australian Associated Press on Friday. “I’m not used to criticism from the media, but I’m excited whatever the result is.

“I’m going to go out there and show the world that as much as she’s good, she’s also got her weaknesses.”

The name “Battle of the Sexes” was borrowed from the 1973 match between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs at the Houston Astrodome, which King won in straight sets.

Kyrgios, who has played only six tour-level matches in the past three years due to wrist and knee injuries, said he would be hitting to a smaller side of the court, which would be nearly 10 per cent smaller than Sabalenka’s target, giving him less room to hit winners.

The two fighters were originally scheduled to face each other in an exhibition in New York on December 8, but the match has not been scheduled, with Sabalenka facing Naomi Osaka and Kyrgios facing Tommy Paul.

Kyrgios said he had the utmost respect for Sabalenka.

“I think we obviously have potentially one of the best women’s players of all time, but she’s far from even scratching the surface of what she can achieve,” he told AAP. “I think she will win more Grand Slams.

See also  Wimbledon 2026: Coco Gauff advances through tough third round match against Claire Liu

“Honestly, she talks about this fight a little more than I do, but I’m ready for that challenge. I’m going to go there, but to be honest, it’s a lot of pressure on me as well.”

That said, while acknowledging that Sabalenka will have the majority of the crowd on his side, Kyrgios cited a pedigree that places him in the rare group of players who have beaten all of the so-called Big Four: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Andy Murray. He became only the second player to win their first match, joining Nadal (Wimbledon 2014), Federer (Madrid 2015) and Djokovic (Acapulco 2017).

“Look, I’m very confident,” he said. “So there are 16 people on the planet who have ever beaten the Big 3 and Big 4.

“So I’m very confident, but I’m also very aware that she’s dangerous.”

Although he was ranked 652nd after being away from the sidelines for so long, the 30-year-old Australian was confident he would be fit enough to play within a month.

“I’m ready,” he said. “I feel good.”

You Might Also Like

French Open: 17-year-old Moise Kouame becomes the youngest to win the tournament in over 30 years

Athletes face travel challenges amid ongoing war in the Middle East

Alcaraz, Sinner, Savalen Curried French Open Betting

Arthur Phils withdrew from French Open due to stress fracture behind

Granolles and Martinez help Spain reach Davis Cup final

TAGGED:aheadBattleFeelingKyrgiosNickpressureSexesTennis
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular News

Austin Reaves injured: Lakers star guard (calf) out for at least four weeks, reports say
Basketball

Lakers’ Austin Reaves Sidelined with Calf Injury, Expected to Miss Minimum Four Weeks, Reports Confirm

Tom Aspinall Calls 2025 UFC Fighter of the Year ‘Unbelievable’ and Highlights Best Knockout of the Year
Detroit’s AHL Griffins Secure One-Year Contract with Thai Defensive Talent
Sainz celebrates proudest day at Williams with perfect podium in Qatar
NHL Insider Connects Detroit Red Wings with Ex-Norris Trophy Champion Quinn Hughes
Keyshaun Johnson Reconnects with Los Angeles Heritage in New Limited Series, LA Legends

About US

Your trusted source for up-to-the-minute sports news, in-depth analysis, and expert coverage across the globe’s most exciting sports.

Facebook Twitter Youtube

Categories

  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Racing
  • Tennis

Legal Pages

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

Subscribe US

Ryan Vickers Aims for Top-10 Finish and Key Upgrades at UK WorldSBK
Unruly Scenes Unfold in Kolkata During Messi’s ‘GOAT Tour’: Fans Outraged Over Limited Access to the Soccer Legend
Justin Gaethje Sparks Debate with Fans After Cryptic Comments on UFC’s Most Thrilling Fight
© 2025 All Rights reserved | Powered by Sports Daily
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?