By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sports DailySports Daily
Notification Show More
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Reading: Alpine announce Colapinto will return in 2026
Share
Sports DailySports Daily
Search
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Follow US
Sports Daily > Racing > Alpine announce Colapinto will return in 2026
Alpine announce Colapinto will return in 2026
Racing

Alpine announce Colapinto will return in 2026

November 7, 2025 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Alpine has finalized its driver line-up for 2026, confirming that Franco Colapinto will retain his race seat alongside Pierre Gasly for the Sao Paulo Grand Prix.

Colapinto was appointed as reserve driver by Alpine ahead of this season, replacing Jack Doohan after the Miami Grand Prix in May. Despite a difficult start, his performance improved compared to Gasly in the second half of the season, and Alpine has confirmed that the Argentine will race again in 2026.

Executive advisor Flavio Briatore said: “I have followed Franco’s development throughout Formula 1 and have always believed that he has the right qualities and potential to become a top driver who can grow with the team.” “Our decision to continue our cooperation in 2026 clearly demonstrates our commitment and strong support to Franco as he develops as a race driver.

“This year has been a tough year for the whole team and it hasn’t been the easiest scenario to perform. However, Franco and Pierre have done their best to put the team in the best position for next season. With Pierre and Franco in the lineup, we have a good blend of experience, speed and talent that will help take the team forward and hopefully give our fans something to cheer and shout about next season.”

The announcement, made at 10:43 a.m. local time and also incorporating the numbers of both drivers, came closest to Colapinto’s home race in Brazil. Alpine also noted that the date 11/7/25 will also be added to Colapinto’s driver number 43.

“I am very grateful to Flavio and the entire team for believing in me to take the team forward in the future,” Colapinto said. “From the moment I made my debut in F1, I knew it would be a huge challenge to maintain my position in the sport given the current situation.

See also  Yamaha Riders Drop Hints and Buzz Around V4 Prototype in the Making

“It has been a long and difficult journey, but I am very proud to have the opportunity to drive with this team again in 2026, alongside Pierre, who is a great teammate and who I will no doubt continue to learn from.

“Finally, it’s very special and timely to make this announcement here in Brazil this weekend. Being so close to my home country of Argentina, there’s so much support and it’s like a home race for me. Having so many fans join me and the team on this journey is why we’re racing. Next year, when Formula 1 is supposed to be reset, I hope we can give everyone who supports us something to celebrate with a big smile on their faces.” Let’s go Takayama! “

Colapinto’s confirmation means that the only two seats left undecided for next season are the Red Bull Drive and Racing Bull seats alongside Max Verstappen, and all existing seats confirmed so far will remain unchanged for 2026.

You Might Also Like

Toprak Razgatlioglu Shares Grim Take on Struggling Sepang MotoGP Test

Callum Ilott Slams “Muppets” Behind the Wheel During IndyCar Toronto Qualifying Showdown

Unveiling Roberto Martinez’s Winning Formula: Mental Readiness, Strategic Rest, and North America’s Role in World Cup Success

NASCAR Drivers Weigh In: Insights and Answers to 4 Burning Questions for the 2026 Cup Season

Andrea Iannone’s Racing Future Set in Stone with Engraved Clock Mystery

TAGGED:FormulaFormula RacingRacing
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular News

LIV Golf announces major changes to leagues to leave for 2026
Golf

LIV Golf announces major changes to leagues to leave for 2026

Romano: Bayern transfer ruled out, Liverpool and Chelsea competing for defensive target
Ilia Topuria Surges Past Islamic Makachev to Claim UFC Pound-for-Pound Crown; Jon Jones Removed from Rankings
Novak Jjokovic wins the Geneva Open to win the 100th single title
Essential Insights You Must Have Before NASCAR’s First In-Season Tournament Round in Atlanta
Mike Trout Remains Uncertain About Joining the World Baseball Classic in the USA; Schwarber Set to Play

About US

Your trusted source for up-to-the-minute sports news, in-depth analysis, and expert coverage across the globe’s most exciting sports.

Facebook Twitter Youtube

Categories

  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Racing
  • Tennis

Legal Pages

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

Subscribe US

William Byron Secures Runner-Up Spot at Daytona 500 Following Dramatic Final Crash
Nick Taylor, Ben Griffin Reed PGA Tour Memorial By 2 Shots
Selena’s Singing Son, Grand Reward, Passes Away at 25 in Argentina
© 2025 All Rights reserved | Powered by Sports Daily
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?