By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sports DailySports Daily
Notification Show More
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Reading: INEOS’ £50m bid for Manchester United’s next Matheus Cunha could be accepted
Share
Sports DailySports Daily
Search
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Follow US
Sports Daily > Football > INEOS’ £50m bid for Manchester United’s next Matheus Cunha could be accepted
INEOS' £50m bid for Manchester United's next Matheus Cunha could be accepted
Football

INEOS’ £50m bid for Manchester United’s next Matheus Cunha could be accepted

February 15, 2026 6 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Table of Contents

Toggle
  • How Manchester United plans to strengthen next summer
        • Manchester United’s richest contract in history
  • Why Mane would be a good signing for Man United
        • INEOS preparing £80m move for Manchester United’s next Antoine Semenyo

Regardless of whether Michael Carrick takes charge in the summer, Manchester United will undoubtedly be looking to Sir Alex Ferguson’s blueprint for a successful team.

United have not reached dizzying heights this season, but last summer’s transfer strategy made more sense. Benjamin Sesco was signed from the Bundesliga, but INEOS turned to the Premier League, signing two of the division’s biggest stars in Matheus Cunha and Brian Mbeumo.

While Sesco is showing glimpses of what he can do, Cunha and Mbeumo look like the best signings in years. The latter has been particularly strong, scoring 10 goals in 22 games this season.

If Sir Jim Ratcliffe and others have their way, a similar strategy is likely to be implemented within the next few months.

How Manchester United plans to strengthen next summer

One of Manchester United’s biggest priorities will be strengthening their midfield. Casemiro has left Old Trafford and Manuel Ugarte is unlikely to stay for long.

This explains his links with high-profile players such as Crystal Palace star Adam Wharton and Nottingham Forest’s World Cup midfielder Elliott Anderson. However, you can’t have both. United don’t have infinite money.

They will likely look to strengthen their frontline again elsewhere, but adding players from Wolverhampton Wanderers could very well kill two birds with one stone.

See also  Pittsburgh Riverhounds Claim Historic USL Championship Title with Thrilling Penalty Shootout Victory Over FC Tulsa!

In fact, reports from Spain suggest United are in a two-way bid to sign talented Wolves teenager Matheus Mane.

Mane signed for the Old Gold aged 16 but really broke onto the scene in the 2025/26 season, attracting praise from some of England’s biggest clubs.

Both Liverpool and United are said to be interested, but the Anfield outfit currently appear to be the front-runners given the talks they have held.

However, the Red Devils are fans and are said to be likely to need a £50m bid to sign the 18-year-old this summer.

Manchester United’s richest contract in history

Many of their additions have not lived up to expectations.

Their hopes of striking a deal will no doubt increase if the Midlands side suffer relegation from the top flight.

Why Mane would be a good signing for Man United

When Sir Alex was in charge of this great football club, his modus operandi was very much about signing the best talent in the Premier League.

Wayne Rooney, who is clearly of a higher level than Mane at the same age, is perhaps the most appropriate example in this case as United seek to sign one of the best teenagers in English football.

Mane was unknown to many at the start of the season, but he has been a bright spot in what has been a generally poor season for Wolves so far.

He scored two goals and provided two assists in 15 Premier League games, winning the club’s Player of the Month award for the second consecutive month.

See also  October Showdown: Celebrating Naeher's Morgan in Style

So what can he offer? good, Words from former Wolves manager Vitor Pereirahe is a “special” talent. There aren’t many players of his age who make that much of an impact in the English top flight, but he looks really exciting.

Like Cunha, he will not only come from Wolves but also bring the versatility of playing right across the front line, similar to Manchester United’s Brazilian sensation.

Since arriving at Old Trafford, Cunha has primarily played on the left, but can also play as a striker or as a back nine. The mane is also cut from a similar cloth.

During his breakout period at Molineux, the youngster played in four different positions. He operates as a central midfielder, and his work rate has been impressive, allowing him to play as an attacking midfielder, as a striker and as a winger.

Money by position in 2025/26

position

game

goals and assists

attacking midfield

12

5

center forward

5

2

central midfield

5

3

right wing

2

2

left wing

1

0

Wolves and Wolves U21 stats

Like Cunha, he is also agile and can dance around his enemies. So far this season, he has attempted 3.4 dribbles per game, with 1.1 of them being successful.

To put these numbers into context, no player in the Wolves or United teams has attempted more. Amad is taking 3.2 attempts per game and Cunha is taking 2.8 attempts.

In fact, he ranks 17th overall in the division in this metric, a top that only some of the league’s top players can reach. Manchester City’s Jeremy Doku leads the list, with Eberechi Eze, Bukayo Saka, Jarrod Bowen, Morgan Rodgers and Antoine Semenyo also in the top 10.

See also  Liverpool Star Florian Wiltz's girlfriend is a tiktok sensation with 100,000 admirers

So, like Cunha, he’s something of a maverick. He is unpredictable and has the ability to carry the ball forward and influence play from multiple areas on the pitch.

Signing a teenager for £50m this summer may not seem like the best use of money, but there’s no denying Mane’s obvious talent and quality.

Manchester City winger Antoine Semenyo

INEOS preparing £80m move for Manchester United’s next Antoine Semenyo

Manchester United appear to be preparing to sign a star player in the Premier League this summer.

You Might Also Like

Nottingham Forest reveal contract talks with £40m ‘monster’ star

Newcastle told how to fend off transfer interest for star player

Fabrizio Romano Reveals Manchester City Set to Sign Antoine Semenyo!

Arsenal switch attention to one of Europe’s fastest players after Nico Williams plays

FSG lead race to sign Mac Allister’s ‘superstar’ to end his Liverpool career

TAGGED:50macceptedBidCunhaFootballINEOSManchesterMatheusUniteds
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular News

Download app from appStore
Golf

December 25, 2025

Kick Off Your Week: January 26th Monday English Double – 3/1 Betting Tips and Predictions!
Man City vs. Al Hilal: Your Ultimate Guide to Preview, Odds, Viewing Options, and Kickoff Time!
2025 Wimbledon Women’s Picks, Predictions, Odds, Date: Achievements
2026 NBA Showdown: Bulls vs. Celtics Predictions, Odds, Game Times, and Spreads from Trusted Models
Nashville Predators Prospect Egorslin Demonstrates Remarkable Growth After KHL Season and Development Camp

About US

Your trusted source for up-to-the-minute sports news, in-depth analysis, and expert coverage across the globe’s most exciting sports.

Facebook Twitter Youtube

Categories

  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Racing
  • Tennis

Legal Pages

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

Subscribe US

LPGA Q Series ends with veteran redemption and youthful heartbreak
Enzo Maresca confirms Chelsea star will miss match against Arsenal due to home accident
Arne Slott has harsh words for Florian Wirths despite a five-star performance against Wolves
© 2025 All Rights reserved | Powered by Sports Daily
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?