By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sports DailySports Daily
Notification Show More
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Reading: There’s no Mercedes contract yet, but Russell says he doesn’t feel pressured
Share
Sports DailySports Daily
Search
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Follow US
Sports Daily > Racing > There’s no Mercedes contract yet, but Russell says he doesn’t feel pressured
RACER Logo
Racing

There’s no Mercedes contract yet, but Russell says he doesn’t feel pressured

August 28, 2025 3 Min Read
Share
SHARE

George Russell feels he doesn’t feel pressured to get a new deal with Mercedes.

Mercedes has yet to confirm that Russell and Kimi Antonelli will remain in their seats in 2026, but both are widely expected to do so. There was uncertainty during exploratory consultations with Max Verstappen earlier this year, but despite the decline that has declined after the Dutch promised to stay in Red Bull, Russell says the agreement has yet to be fully reached.

“Of course we wanted to take a break from summer to relax and reset, but it’s moving aggressively in the right direction,” Russell said. “But there is no time pressure from the team’s side and no time pressure from our side, so we just ensure that it is done properly.

“Of course you are juggling priorities. It’s not that the world is halting to organize contracts. We have to worry about racing weekends. We are focusing on future developments and are already looking forward to next year.

“Undoubtedly, summer holidays have been a very good time to think about everything we want for our whole situation, what we want for our future, not just being on track, but being on track. There is more to our role, not just driving on a Sunday afternoon.

“I wanted to take a break. Toto (Wolff, the principal of the team) and the team were very happy to work to resolve it throughout the summer break, but I wanted to take that time because those two weeks are pretty valuable to all of us.

See also  Pat Oward Left Speechless by Unexplained Struggles in Portland IndyCar Qualifying

“So I think we’re getting closer to the same page as some things, and hopefully, realistically, we might have been talking a few weeks before something actually happens. But there’s no big rush. When it actually happens, it doesn’t happen.

Russell says there are no major items yet to go up for negotiations.

“No, it’s not at all. I think that, honestly, there are pros and cons in the short term and long term,” he said. “I think this season has proven better than ever, but ultimately it always comes down to performance. The numbers listed on the contract are ultimately just numbers, but obviously I’m thinking about what I want.

“The truth is, I want to win with Mercedes. I want to win the World Championships. That’s my number one goal. I hope to be with the team, but of course I’ll be 28 next year.

You Might Also Like

Norris leads the second Austrian GP practice when McLaren controls

Audi Unveils Exciting New Title Partners for Its 2026 F1 Debut

Francesco Bagnaia Embraces Chassis Risk: “Trying Something New Is Key”

Updated results for the 2025 Indy 500 race after the penalty

Joan Mir Stands Firm Against “Bad Luck” as Brno Airport Faces Ongoing Struggles

TAGGED:FormulaFormula RacingRacing
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular News

Chelsea logo and yellow
Football

Report: £50 million Premier League star is ready to travel late to Chelsea

US Emma Navarro falls into 18-year-old Mira Andreva in 16 rounds at Wimbledon
“Unbelievable” Liverpool star now pushes the exit and the euro giant is in contact with his agent
Osaka Naomi advanced to the Montreal quarterfinals after a 49-minute loss
Jason Kels: The Nearest Comparison to a Chiefs Star Like Josh Simons and Trent Williams
Spurs lead the race and sign “world class” £52 million talent

About US

Your trusted source for up-to-the-minute sports news, in-depth analysis, and expert coverage across the globe’s most exciting sports.

Facebook Twitter Youtube

Categories

  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Racing
  • Tennis

Legal Pages

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

Subscribe US

Everton submits a new £40 million offer for Premier League starlets
George Russell Maintains Trust in Toto Wolff, Insists New Formula One Deal Must Benefit Both Parties
Eugenio Suárez Shines Bright: Diamondbacks Consider Holding Onto One of MLB’s Top Trade Stars
© 2025 All Rights reserved | Powered by Sports Daily
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?