LONDON — Two-time Wimbledon champion Carlos Alcaraz announced Tuesday that he will miss next month’s grass-court Grand Slam tournament because of a lingering wrist injury.
Alcaraz injured his wrist at last month’s Barcelona Open and will miss this weekend’s French Open.
The world number two also said in a post on X on Tuesday that he would miss the HSBC Championship at Queen’s Club, a prelude to defending champion Wimbledon.
“My recovery is going well and I’m feeling much better, but unfortunately I’m not ready to play yet. As such, I will have to miss the grass court swings at Queen’s and Wimbledon,” Alcaraz said in the post. “These two tournaments are really special to me and I will miss them very much. We will keep working hard to get back as soon as possible!”
Alcaraz won the Australian Open final, becoming the youngest player in history to win all four major tennis titles.
Alcaraz won back-to-back Wimbledon titles in 2023 and 2024, defeating Novak Djokovic in both finals. Last year, he lost to Jannik Sinner in the final.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

