By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sports DailySports Daily
Notification Show More
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Reading: Yann Diomande camp clarifies Tottenham’s transfer stance after preliminary negotiations
Share
Sports DailySports Daily
Search
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
    • WNBA
  • Tennis
  • Racing
  • Golf
  • Racing
Follow US
Sports Daily > Football > Yann Diomande camp clarifies Tottenham’s transfer stance after preliminary negotiations
Tottenham make first contact ahead of Bayern to sign 'incredible' PL star
Football

Yann Diomande camp clarifies Tottenham’s transfer stance after preliminary negotiations

December 30, 2025 5 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Table of Contents

Toggle
  • Yann Diomande’s camp hints at a move to Tottenham after negotiations
        • Tottenham ready to offer £35m immediately after selling star player for £20m

Tottenham manager Thomas Frank agreed a £35m deal with Crystal Palace to sell Brennan Johnson and confirmed the team will be active in January, with the Wales international now in the process of making a decision on his immediate future.

The north London club have already shortlisted potential replacements in preparation for the Europa League hero’s departure, with multiple targets identified to fill the void left by last season’s top scorer.

Frank reiterated in today’s press conference that Spurs will begin looking for a new signing in January, following progress in negotiations with Palace on Monday.

Frank told reporters: “We will be in the market. We are definitely interested in strengthening the team if possible. We will do that.”

“As I’ve said several times before, things are important because there are different types that you can add to your team.

“The important thing is that the players we add need to be players that we really think can improve the team. And, as usual, if we want to have a sharp team, we can also let them go.”

Johnson has struggled to earn regular minutes under the Danish manager despite scoring 18 goals in all competitions last season, including the winner against Man United in the Europa League final that ended the club’s 17-year trophy drought.

See also  Sunderland is currently leading the race to sign another Bundesliga winner after Xhaka

Palace have emerged as the frontrunners to sign the 24-year-old after securing favorable terms with Tottenham, but Bournemouth, Everton and Sunderland could also make a late move (Fabrizio Romano).

The Cherries, in particular, are prepared to take up Palace’s offer as they desperately seek a replacement for Antoine Semenyo, who is on the brink of joining Man City.

Johnson has started just six Premier League games this season after Mohamed Kudus arrived from West Ham and quickly established himself as Frank’s preferred right-wing option.

As the Welshman’s N17 departure approaches, Frank’s team is currently considering potential successors.

One of them could be RB Leipzig sensation Yann Diomande. He has emerged as one of the Bundesliga’s outstanding talents and has enjoyed an impressive run so far in 2025/2026.

Yann Diomande’s camp hints at a move to Tottenham after negotiations

BBC journalist Sami Mokbel reported today that Diomande is on Spurs’ shortlist to replace Johnson, with TEAMtalk sharing further updates.

Sources say Tottenham have held “very advanced” discussions with Diomande’s inner circle about a potential move in January, as the north London club prepares to lose Johnson.

The 19-year-old is “firmly” on Frank’s radar to strengthen their attacking options with Johnson’s impending departure, and they have also scouted him extensively.

Furthermore, Diomande’s camp are thought to view Spurs as an “attractive destination” due to the playing time on offer.

The teenager has quickly made an impression in Germany since joining from Spanish side Leganes last summer.

Diomande has scored seven goals and provided four assists in all competitions this season and is widely regarded as one of the most exciting prospects in the German top flight.

See also  Chelsea agrees to personal terms and signs £50 million "superstar"

However, his current participation in AFCON with Ivory Coast could delay any potential transfer, with the winger unlikely to be available until mid-January at the earliest if his country progresses to the tournament.

Leipzig are also rated highly for the forward, with reports suggesting they would need to pay around £87m to secure his role.

“He’s a left winger with great speed, he can dribble, he’s very athletic and he can finish,” Leipzig manager Marcel Schäfer told reporters earlier this year.

“He also never lets go of the ball and works for the team. Despite all the excitement, we should give Jan enough time to get used to life in Leipzig and the Bundesliga.”

Ole Werner’s side negotiated a favorable sale last summer, so there is no immediate financial pressure, and Diomande’s contract runs until 2030 and does not include a release clause.

Competition for the winger’s signature remains fierce across Europe.

Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea and Barcelona have all shown interest in him in recent weeks, with several clubs, as well as Spurs, sending scouts to monitor his performances.

With Diomande’s head tilted, almost every top team in the country seems to be considering a move beyond the new year.

Tottenham ready to offer £35m immediately after selling star player for £20m

Spurs have been planning for quite some time…

You Might Also Like

Source: West Ham and Aston Villa are ready to bring midfielders back to the Premier League

Women’s Euro Knockout Stage Kicks Off: Liverpool Star’s Partner Joins Inter Miami!

Manchester United could hire ‘ambitious’ Solskjaer and Carrick rival

Transfer Buzz: Manchester City Set Sights on Cologne’s El Mara!

Miami Refutes “Minor” Injury Claims, Confirms Messi’s Return Date!

TAGGED:CampClarifiesDiomandeFootballnegotiationspreliminarystanceTottenhamsTransferYann
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Popular News

Manchester United FC logo
Football

Not interested: Euro giants rule out possibility of signing Manchester United leader

Today’s Must-Watch Games: Belmont Stakes, Yankee Thread Sox, WNBA & More with Key Benefits Revealed!
Report: Manchester United could make a U-turn on Outkast’s future next month
Report: Newcastle & Sunderland moved late with a star rated at £43.3 million
Aston Villa is fighting to sign the £50 million midfielder
Crystal Palace battle with Everton for 23-year-old wide player

About US

Your trusted source for up-to-the-minute sports news, in-depth analysis, and expert coverage across the globe’s most exciting sports.

Facebook Twitter Youtube

Categories

  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Racing
  • Tennis

Legal Pages

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service

Subscribe US

Leeds United expect renewed interest in 99-goal attacker
Rahm accuses DP World Tour of ‘coercing players’
Why Manchester United backed out of Arsenal star’s contract
© 2025 All Rights reserved | Powered by Sports Daily
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?